Ski & Snowboard News / Ski bus makes big changes for 2019-20
Nov 01, 2019 09:28AM
By Harriet Wallis
Many ski bus changes coming for this season / photo: UTA
In an effort to reduce traffic congestion and parking hassles in Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons, UTA announced its changes to the ski buses for the coming ski season. Multiple agencies and organizations are collaborating to help solve the bumper to bumper traffic that clogs the canyons during ski season.
For the entire UTA announcement, click here.
However, here are some of the major changes that you will want to know:
1) Ski buses start Nov. 23 -- opening day at many of the resorts. In the past, ski bus service started a few weeks after resorts opened.
2) The ski/board bins inside the bus have been removed. Hold your gear.
3) To speed travel time, some bus stops have been eliminated.
4) More ski buses for Little Cottonwood Canyon.
5) The park-and-ride lot at the mouth of Little Cottonwood Canyon is reserved for carpoolers. The bus will not stop there.