Ski & Snowboard News / January is Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month and it's cheap
Jan 04, 2018 04:25PM
By Harriet Wallis
January is the month with the coolest deal. It's Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month across the state. If you've always wanted to try the sport, this is the super-cheap time to try it. Resorts offer a group lesson, rental equipment, and a lift ticket for $49.
Check this link for the details for each resort. https://www.skiutah.com/deals/learn-to-ski-and-snowboard There are no string attached. You just have the opportunity to learn this winter sport at downright bargain pricing.
Most resorts require you to register ahead of time. That's because they
have to allocate instructors and equipment. So do plan ahead.
We don't have snow in our yards, but the snow really is on the mountains. And the learning terrain is in great shape. I've been skiing 4-5 days a week. The resorts do an excellent job of grooming the snow, so don't use less-than-usual snow as an excuse. Take advantage of the January deal and learn a new sport.
Here are some tips for when you go:
1) Arrive plenty early. Allow time to get through the rental shop and go to the bathroom.
2) Wear whatever warm winter clothes you have. No special gear required.
3) Put on sunscreen. Mountain sun is stronger than in the valley.
4) Go with a positive attitude. You 're trying something brand new to you.
5) Take some pics and tell your friends.